Turkish Coffee is worth mentioning, though. It is prepared by double boiling the coffee with or without sugar. I have had this a number of times going back the past three years in New Zealand, Jordan, and Greece. This little cup was about one-third full of silty coffee grounds, but tasted oh-so-wonderful. The coffee ends up so strongly brewed that it actually starts tasting sweet!

Ancelo, my host at the hostel I stayed at, recommended Kahve Dünyası as they are to have the best Turkish Coffee in Turkey (or at least in İstanbul). I was not disappointed. My coffee came with all sorts of chocolate treats and even a chocolate spoon to stir into my drink! I met a lovely Albanian woman at the shop and she practiced her English with me and told me she frequents the shop every day and then proceeded to give me all her chocolates too!
Coffee in Greece is probably the most expensive I have ever paid for it, and the quality is poor (have you ever heard of Greece being famous for its' coffee--didn't think so). It was fantastic to pay a fair price for a great cup of unique coffee and wonderful service in Turkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment