After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

back in town

I arrived back into Athens and a company had been hired to clean up the garbage. The rioters were nearly all cleared out of the city square and in their place, a new Christmas tree was lit and charming all sorts of people.


Kelsey did tell me that her photo with the Syntagma tree was better than mine since last year the tree was torched; gives a new meaning to “Oh Tannen-bomb.” And, the garbage strike is not over; a private company was hired to clean up the mess. It is already beginning to pile up again. But in the meantime, my trip to Istanbul was enough time for a few things in Athens to ‘right’ themselves for the Christmas season.

No comments: