After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

el sol

The sun officially rose on 19 August, but with the ridges and hills around McMurdo Station, we could not see it from "town" until last week. A few days ago, I saw a glow cast on the ground and walked down to see the light. Between two of the dorms, I saw the sun shining brightly in the sky.

I have seen it a few time out on the Sea Ice, but there was something exciting about seeing it from the town vantage point. The buzz around station is about seeing shadows and wearing sunglasses now!

No comments: