After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Friday, March 20, 2009

photography creativity

I have been attending the photo club here every Sunday afternoon. My new Olympus E520 camera is still very confusing to me (so I carry my old one as standby), but we talked about some cool techniques for capturing interesting photos last week and this picture was inspired by that conversation. While the shutter was open, I zoomed out on Mount Discovery; making it a focal point in the picture and adding some interesting affects to the sky. I did a little Photoshop coloring work to this photograph as well. Despite the dark halo over the mountain, I think I faired quite well on my first attempt at this technique!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Very nice! How do you zoom out while the shutter is open? I'm not sure my camera is capable of that (or perhaps if I spent less time in "fully automatic" mode I'd know how to do it too!). That's great that there's a photo club down there. Are there a lot of groups and activities that go on? With limited options for getting out and about I supposed clubs like that are probably pretty popular.

Angie said...

very cool!