After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

now seriously

I have been in Athens for the riots and garbage strike. I was in Turkey for the banning of their largest 'rebel' pro-Kurdish party; more protests and violence.

And, now I can also put Italy on the list of maleficent events I was in country for. On the day I arrived, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was hit in the face by someone with a replica of the Milan Cathedral. You only need to see an image of the Milan Cathedral to see that being hit with a replica of this building is probably the worst architectural likeness to be smacked across the head with. I would prefer being thrown against a replica of the Colosseum to this cathedral! The Prime Minister's nose and two teeth were broken.


The next day there were already signs up with regards to the attack.

Oh, for the drama. I would prefer to travel without!

No comments: