After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

new friends

Along with my five weeks in Greece came a few new friends who I was able to spend time with. Because they lived so close and were so hospitable, I got to know Nicole and Maureen the best. Between these two and their friends, I enjoy so many coffees, shopping trips, walks, raki, and dinners after Kelsey left. It really made me feel more comfortable in Athens.


Nicole even looks fabulous when she's licking her lips. This photo also shows our plate of sardines. Normally, I would not think to eat the critters, but these were not salted like the ones I have had in North America. They were actually very tasty! And, of course, we had to have a bit of raki to finish off the evening. Yiamas! And, cheers to new friends!


Another place she took me was out to the Farmer's Market on a Friday morning. We did not have much in mind to buy, but the dog needed a walk and it was definitely a colorful morning!

No comments: