My high school friend, Kelsey, lives in Athens and I am conveniently spending some time with her until she leaves for Christmas in early December. She has a lovely apartment in Thissio, right under the Acropolis, so each day when I leave the building I can see this historic icon of Greek history. There are streets full of tavernas and cafes under her windows and fascinating people of all sorts in this busy neighborhood; locals and tourists alike. Craftspeople and artist sell their creations on the sidewalk down the street and musicians wander by playing all sorts of instruments. I find it quite lively and lovely most of the time.
Kelsey already has a few things planned for me with her friends and I certainly have a handful of places to visit and see while I am in the area.
1 comment:
Glad to see you've finally made it to Greece! ;)
Post a Comment