After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Friday, November 13, 2009

the last continent

My plane from Amman landed in Athens and I smiled as we taxied to the terminal. I arrived in my 7th, and last continent. This was a life goal that I never knew I had until about four years ago when I took my first contract in Antarctica. Not only have I seen a country or place on each of the major world landmasses, but I have done it within five years of obtaining my passport.

Different people have different rules for reaching all the continents. Some people aspire to live on them all, some count countries they have flown through. I choose to claim a country if I have received my passport stamp, been out of the airport, and stepped foot on the foreign sidewalk, sand, or soil.

Without further ado, my list in order I appeared in them:

North America
Africa
Antarctica
Australia
South America
Asia
Europe

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Wow, how cool. And all in five years! You really get around. Congratulations on meeting this goal!