I wish could I report some exciting dramatic news from McMurdo Station, but most everything is at a standstill. Our first flight for the summer was to arrive on 30 September, however, a mechanical problem with the de-icer has the C-17 aircraft grounded in Christchurch until Saturday. There are a number of anxious winterover people who are getting a bit anxious to arrive in New Zealand! My flight is not until 12 October, but I cannot wait to see my sister, Laura, when she lands!I am working a crazy partial split shift to support the night and day shift at the Heavy Shop which has been challenging. Trying to fit a social life in outside of work hours is fairly ridiculous. I am slowly packing and cleaning up my room, too.
Travel plans are taking shape which is a fantastic motivator to finishing the season. My tickets are finally booked. Stay tuned to this blog for some fun geographical adventures to follow my deployment here!
2 comments:
What are your temperatures now at this point? Merlin
Where are you traveling to when you get off the ice?
Sarah
Norfolk VA
not going anywhere, living vicariously through other travelers
Post a Comment