After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

reflections from the living world

In order to truly appreciate something, sometimes it helps to experience the absence of it:

To know and appreciate life, I am grateful to have seen the absence of life. To know light, I am thankful for darkness.

With deep gratitude for the living world, I leave behind the uninhabitable part of earth. By grace I do not live to die, but to find life in Christ; I step from the darkness into a defeating light.

By seeing the uninhabitable, imperfect, or incomplete, perhaps we have that much greater a regard for the hope of something perfect to come.

No comments: