After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

flights

We waited for delayed flights and finally saw our first flight land since August on 3 October; four days after the expected arrival. Eighty winter overs left that day, as well, putting me in the gross minority down here in McMurdo.

I was able to drive for the first flight of Mainbody as our shuttles personnel were coming in on that flight. Being out at the airfield when I flight comes down is fairly exciting still. While the vast numbers of new people are daunting, there are a few familiar faces who I am thrilled to see; and who will be difficult to leave behind!

No comments: