After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

birthday celebration

At the beginning of the season, Laura put some boxes and envelopes together for me to open while I spent my time on Ice. One of the monthly gifts was a cake.

So, in honor of her birthday, and after a busy weekend of moving around our dorm rooms, I invited Joe and Anthony to the galley and arranged to bake the cake. None of us had actually made any food for ourselves in quite some time, so the process of mixing up the batter (even if it was from a box) and waiting for it to bake was a treat in itself!

The time spent in the kitchen and eating the fresh, fluffy, frosted dessert was a lot of fun. It was nice to relax a bit and catch up with Joe and Anthony, and celebrate Laura's birthday, too; even though I won't see her in Antarctica until October!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Nice hat! :)