I went out on Saturday night to take some pictures of the stars, but, as some would say, the stars were not in my favor. First, it was cold outside, let's say somewhere around -25F. Second, I had a few things backward in my head about my camera. Third, I did not find myself situated in a particularly "dark" part of town. Fourth, I had intended to shoot my camera the lunar light in the sky, also known as 'the moon,' but by the time I was bundled up and outside, it had escaped beyond the hill. Fifth, I was perched on our Chalet deck right next to a statue of Admiral Byrd, which, in the dark seems rather spooky; like he's watching me, or something. And, lastly, I'm still learning how to take pictures at night.But, in an effort to help you understand how my photography skills are progressing; or not, I am displaying this photo of Ob Hill. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll notice some glowing tentacles of light which are actually from the moon. The stars will also pop out a bit.
1 comment:
Andrea
Keep practicing, you'll catch on, and you will eventually give us something really spectacular to look at.
Here I am, curious, is the darkness at night darker than the darkness you have during the day or are day and night darkness about the same this time of your year?
Merlin
Post a Comment