This is the building I work in. I am the Work Order Scheduler for the Vehicle Maintenance Facility (VMF) which is also known as the Heavy Shop.This is the building where all the motorized equipment gets serviced; or at least, where the mechanics who work on the equipment report to work.
Working here had been quite an adjustment for me. Of sixteen people in our immediate department, I am the only woman. Hally works with Supply in our parts department, though, so in the building, we can keep each other company!
We have somewhere in the range of 250 pieces of equipment to care for. Most of these are vehicles, but we also handle generators and I even sent a mechanic out to fix a tire on a dolly the other day.
I came in up to my forehead in paperwork and am slowly chipping away at the work that needs to be caught up while getting to know the mechanics who work with me. Some days are busy and focused, other days seem interrupted by a number of meetings and other functions. One thing is certain: I will have plenty to keep me going through the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment