one.
Having to put chapstick in my nose to keep it from drying up.
two.
Static electricity is downright dangerous. I threw back my blankets the other morning and my surge protector was thrown off (along with everything plugged into it including my hotpot, television, humidifier, etc).
three.
It's hard to find a happy medium when layering up. There's got to be a balance between sweating profusely and freezing the arse off. And it would be great if I could figure out how to keep my feet dry.
four.
The ratio of men to women. I believe it's 115 men to 38 women (New Zealand's Scott Base, just over the hill, has 19 men and 7 women); better than three guys to every woman. In my department of 16, I am the only girl.
five.
Having a social life with the same people I work with and eat all my meals with. This is also known as living in a small community of 153 people.
six.
It's cold outside. I almost walked out of the building after lunch in my sandals.
seven.
It takes extra time to layer up. To go outside, I usually throw on an extra fleece, a scarf, hat, gloves, sunglasses (which will soon turn to goggles), and my parka.
eight.
Single ply toilet paper.
nine.
God has made an amazingly beautiful place here. I'm not sure how it is that I forget how amazing it is, but the view here is breathtaking. Every time I see it, I take note.
nine.
God has made an amazingly beautiful place here. I'm not sure how it is that I forget how amazing it is, but the view here is breathtaking. Every time I see it, I take note.
2 comments:
I hope you separate nose and lip chapsticks. lol
I had no idea of the beauty of the mountains and the skies down there. I love your pictures. Not many people get the chance to experience God's creation down there!
And I like the previous comment.
Post a Comment