My C-17 flight to Antarctica seemed odd compared to the last trips to and from New Zealand. Rather than a packed flight of 120+ passenger, I flew south with only four other civilian passengers. We each had any number of seats to ourselves. There wasn't a whole lot to see out our window but clouds and sea. I snapped a couple pictures of glaciers from the air as we passed over some of the continent, though. Most of the trip I was so exhausted, I slept. Much of this flight day I was also running over the following phrase in my head: "What am I doing?"
After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.
Friday, February 20, 2009
ice flight
My C-17 flight to Antarctica seemed odd compared to the last trips to and from New Zealand. Rather than a packed flight of 120+ passenger, I flew south with only four other civilian passengers. We each had any number of seats to ourselves. There wasn't a whole lot to see out our window but clouds and sea. I snapped a couple pictures of glaciers from the air as we passed over some of the continent, though. Most of the trip I was so exhausted, I slept. Much of this flight day I was also running over the following phrase in my head: "What am I doing?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment