After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

sixth continent

I arrived in Asia in the evening with lightening in the air. It occurred to me that there is an instrument in Antarctica that can detect lightening strikes all over the world. So, those I saw were likely picked up by that sensor!

I got a cab and we headed toward the condo of my college roommate, Andrea. We had not seen each other since graduation. We ran across each other again a year, or so ago and I am glad I was able to stop off in Singapore to see her.

Singapore is a very clean city. It is also a very rules based city. The more commonly known rules are no spitting and no gum chewing. But their are others that are rather strange too, like no durian in the MRT. Durian is a fruit that is quite smelly and one of Andrea's friends likened it to eating ice cream in the toilet.

No comments: