After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

on the arabian gulf

Saturday started with a trip to the Westin Hotel where Wendy and Jordan were staying. They invited Mary and I to join them for what turned out to be the most amazing breakfast buffet I had seen in awhile! I had crepes and watermelon juice! The hotel is right on the beach looking toward the islands of The Palm and many boats (including this dhow and yacht) came to rest in between the hotel and the islands.

After breakfast we used the beach at the hotel. The passing of summer means the cooler autumn temperatures are tolerable outside and the water was nearly perfect for a great swim with the fishies in the Arabian Gulf. I appreciated a whole morning devoted to playing in the sun, sand, and water!

No comments: