After looking for a job for one year, I ended up in the place I started: Antarctica.
This time, a new adventure is unfolding which will bring me through a winter season:
no flights, no fresh food, no mail, no sunlight.
Travel, friends, and family await.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

downright depressive

Saturday brought about another party. The closer it gets to our first plane, I think we need more stimulation outside of our own dorm rooms.

This party was called the "Depression Disco" and seems to be appropriate. We still haven't seen the sun, we all seem to be ghostly white (which we will not realize the extent of until the orange, a.k.a. "tan") people come down with the first flight, everyone also has a nice set of darker "colored" rings under their eyes, and we had not seen a two-day weekend in a month.

In the spirit of the theme, I decided I did not want to show up to this shindig by myself, so I brought Anne. She's a retired CPR volunteer who had far less energy than anyone else there.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Next time you could bring a self-tanner. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!