In 1997, I started pursuing a goal of my college education.
In 2001, I achieved the goal by graduating with a degree in Communication. I also started pursuing a goal of paying for my college education.
In 2009, the 29th of May to be exact, I achieved the goal of paying off my loans and becoming debt free.
In that time, I have worked for four employers, bought a new car, lived in three places, traveled five continents, and met a variety of people in all sorts of places. My indebtedness never truly held me back, (only kept my bank account fairly low), but I am certainly glad to have relinquished that burden.
I had aimed to debt-free by July 4, but I had my own "Independence Day" celebration eight years and ten days after my graduation from Calvin College.
I owe thanks to my family, friends, the college, the US Antarctic Program (for allowing me to take three contracts in which I pay for no living expenses), and all those folks who have let me live with them for little or no rent. I am blessed.
2 comments:
You are very blessed. Congratulations!
You are welcome and congratulations! Faye
Post a Comment