Every time I am down here I have to write about Ob Hill. It's the little hill next to our small town that we can climb up. There is only one hike that we can do completely on our own during the winter, so climbing the hill required checking out and carrying a radio. It's not a long hike, but parts of it are steep and the footing can be difficult on the volcanic rock and dust with patches of snow. But, the view from the top is fantastic. I could still see a clear patch of water, all the islands around us, Mount Erebus (behind me in the photo), and the mountains across the sea on the continent.
With the sun hanging so low when I was up on top, the sky and shadows on the sea ice looked amazing.
Weather conditions have been pretty favorable. A +0F temperature and low winds are great for bundling up and heading outside. Looking forward, our wind chills will be dropping back down between -36F to -40F/C this week.
1 comment:
Your pictures all show gorgeous clear days. Do you get much cloud cover?
Post a Comment